|Size||:||70 x 179 x 42mm, ( 2.8 x 7 x 1.6 inches ) WxDxH|
|:||600g ( 1.3lbs ), including battery|
|:||Methane ( CH₄ )|
|:||Tuneable diode laser absorption spectroscopy ( TDLAS )|
30m standard mode
Up to 100m with reflector
1 – 50,000 ppm.m (dependent on the reflecting
object and detection distance)
±10% @ 100 ppm.m (2m)
±10% @ 1000 ppm.m (2m)
0.1 seconds (approx)
72dB to 76dB @ 0.3m and dependent on angle
Insufficient reflect warning, audio and visual
Full colour electro-luminescence display
Logical menu functions
Rechargeable nickel metal hydride
6 hours minimum per charge (4 hour recharge) at
25°C @ display level 5
-17° to 50°C (1° to 122°F)
30% to 90% RH
EN61326-1 : 2006
IEC 60825-1 : 2001
Marker laser :
Output wavelength 650 nm
Output level : 1 mW ( Class 2 ) or less
Detection Laser :
Output wavelength 1653 nm
Output level : 10 mW ( Class 1 ) or less
Caution! NEVER LOOK INTO THE LASER BEAM.
Never point this detector towards the sun.
Standard product supplied with
Operator manual ( English and Japanese as standard )
Rechargeable battery Strap
Laser enhancement glasses
Laser Methane® mini Gen2
The second generation LaserMethane®mini Gen2 from Crowcon is
changing the way methane leaks can be detected.
Utilising laser technology, LaserMethane® mini Gen2 ( LMm ) allows
users to reliably and accurately detect methane, at a safe distance.
Get results in seconds by simply pointing the laser beam towards
the suspected leak, or along the survey line. This removes the need
to access fenced-off, high level or other hard to reach areas.
• Remote measurement and detection, up to 100 metres
• No specialist or special access equipment required to detect leaks
• ATEX approved for industrial use and now includes mining applications
Easy to Use
• Portable – truly hand-held
• Light weight, compact and robust design
• Intuitive menu
• Full colour numeric or graphical display
Flexible and Convenient
• User programmable alarm and offset levels
• Long battery life – allowing 6 hours of continuous operation from one battery
• Self-check and self-calibration at start-up, saves time and ensures consistent high performance and reliability
Accuracy and Reliability
• Responds specifically to methane
• Exceptional accuracy – detect seven very low levels of methane
• Fast response time, typically 0.1 second
Laser Methane® mini Gen2
Crowcon’s Laser Methane® mini Gen2 can accurately and reliably detect gas leaks from a distance. What was once a time and resource consuming activity can now be completed in seconds.
By pointing the Laser Methane® mini Gen2 at a suspected leak or survey area, such as a gas pipe or ceiling, the concentration of methane is measured by detecting the difference between the light emitted and the light received.
In order to achieve high detection sensitivity and selectivity for methane, aserMethane® mini Gen2 uses a wavelength that both exhibits maximum adsorption and is unique to methane.
The methane column density is the concentration of methane between the detector and the target and is the product of the concentration of the methane cloud ( ppm.m ) and path length through the cloud ( metres ) and is reported in units of ppm.m.
• Methane beyond reach i.e. difficult to reach or inaccessible areas
• Large area monitoring e.g. pipeline survey
• Hazardous area monitoring eg petrochemical refinery
• Secondary disaster prevention i.e. accumulated gas clouds in roof spaces of buildings in commercial and industrial property
• Methane detection through windows/letterbox of unoccupied property